The New Allotment Expert

Thursday, May 05, 2005

The cost of renting an allotment

Just a half mile from the Queen's backgarden at Windsor Castle, Berkshire you can rent a big patch of fertile soil (about 15 by 50 metres) for just £10.00 a year.

Now the patch we just paid for already includes an apple tree, two plum trees and two gooseberry bushes, so we figure even if we do NO WORK we will end up in profit from the fruit harvest alone.

However, we intend to dig, sow and grow a whole range of good vegetables and promise to keep you up to date on our progress.

1 Comments:

  • Just found your lottie blog as I can't add a comment for latest addition Feb 2006 I thought I'd add it at the beginning!
    Have 30 + lottie blogs on my favourites -went to my lottie in Teignmouth/Devon this afternoon for a couple of hours-weeeded soft fruit still to start 2006 digging!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home